Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 61 - Most amazing hitch ever (Dr. John)

July 15 - Raven Rocks Shelter to Rocky Mtn Shelter - 19.8 miles

It is impossible to describe the generosity that we received from one gentleman in Waynesboro, PA. He was our personal chauffeur, guide and source of funds.

Dr. John (General Practitioner) randomly picked us up from the trail-head, shuttled us to the P.O. where I had 6 packages (thank you Lor, Karen, Mom and Dad!). John actually helped carry my packages to the car then drove us to Martin's, where he gave us $55 to re-supply, buy wine and sweet... Who does that? The three of us are in disbelief but have learned to accept help from others who are willing and eager to provide assistance. When we told him that he was being too generous he replied "I'm having fun!"

Had my first real preaching experience today at the laundromat. Her name was Carol (we call her Crazy Carol) and she went on a tirade with her conspiracy theories of our government. She informed me that our dollar is only worth $0.73 and that Obama's birth certificate is a fake. I was bored (had about 45 minutes left with our laundry) so I decided to edge her on and let her think I was interested. I said about three words during her entire diatribe. It was great.

On a little different note, we had a fantastic dinner of Gnocchi with roasted artichoke hearts, creamy pesto sauce, E.V.O.O. (thanks Lor), Shiraz wine and cookie bars from my mother. Mmmmhmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment