Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 47 - James River Bridge Jumping

July 1 - Glasgow Hiker’s Shelter to Camping – 17.5 miles

Had a true Southern breakfast this morning at Family’s Inn Restaurant. In fact, this was the only restaurant in the town. I could get use to this type of cooking.


Jumped off of a bridge today. Was about 35-40 feet above the water (James River) too. All of the locals were doing it so we felt that we should too.



Met Emma today. She is thru-hiking as well and is really a joy to talk to. She has one of the only SteriPens that still works (all the other models I have heard about are having issues) so I might pick up hers. My purifying system of Aqua Mira busted – part A got a leak so I’m no longer purifying my water. Fortunately the cold springs have been fairly high up and fast flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment