Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 56 - Guatemalan Grill Out

July 10 - Front Royal, VA to Manassas Gap Shelter - 10.7 miles

About 7 miles in to our hike I had to make a quick phone call to my mother, which led us to take a quick 5 minute break. While I was on the phone, a man from a nearby house approached us and asked if we would like to join him and his wife for their cook-out. Say what?!?! According to the hiker code we could not refuse and cordially accepted.

Steak, chorizo, chicken, beans, homemade corn tortillas and cold soda. Oh and liver too. That was a first for me. For dessert they brought out chocolate covered bananas and mango with a zesty tajin seasoning. What more could a hiker ask for.

Dinner was fantastic but what I really enjoyed was playing soccer with the five younger children. I even tried to enlist one to carry my pack... haha


No comments:

Post a Comment