Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 85 - Tom Lavardi's

August 8 - Upper Goose Pond Cabin to Dalton, MA - 23.0 miles

Had a fantastic morning today, well for about 15 minutes. My blisters are pretty much gone, shin splints have subsided, my calluses are diminishing and I have some feeling in my toes again!

I'm feeling superb until I slip on a wet rock and fall hard on my elbow. Almost thought I broke a bone or fractured something. After a minute of laying on the ground, I bounced right back up and continued hiking.

Tonight we lodged at Tom Lavardi's house, in Dalton, MA. He opens up his home to hikers like us, provides laundry, a hot shower, and a comfortable bed to sleep on. The world needs more people like Tom. He also had a couple of bikes laying around in his yard... I couldn't pass up an old roadie so I immediately jumped on and took it for a spin. It was amazing to move that fast with such little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment