Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 28 - Rattlesnake, Cookies 'N Cream S'mores and Cows

June 12 - Watauga Lake Shelter to Double Springs Shelter - 21.2 miles

Slept on the ground last night- that was fun. My air mattress decided it was her time to go and completely deflated on me. She did okay for a few nights once she first took on the leak but last night I was sleeping in an S-shape to avoid the roots and rocks under the rent. At least it didn't rain.

Saw a rattlesnake today! He was about 6" off the trail. Our friend Brian was thru-hiking behind us so we felt it was our duty to scare away the snake... with sticks and rocks of course. I've never angered a grown rattlesnake before and after this close encounter I really don't plan on doing it again.


Made gourmet S'mores for lunch today. Graham crackers, Peanut Butter, 2 Marshmallows and Cookie's 'N Cream chocolate. I'd definitely make those again.



Oh, I also chased some cows. They were on my trail.


One last notable event today - it rained! Took 28 days but Mother Nature finally got us with a heavy downpour.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! Its Bear here! Thanks so much for sending me the link to your blog! I passed it along to Harrison too. I hope you guys are having an awesome time. What great photos!

    ReplyDelete