Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 27 - Watagua Lake Beach Party

June 11 - Moreland Gap to Watagua Lake Shelter - 16.7 miles

For the past week or so Simco, Caboose, Samwise and I have been planning the Watagua Lake Beach Party. We purchased some really awesome inflatable toys (baseball, baseball bat, a ball) as well as some cool tropical plates for the hot dogs and maple baked beans. We also planned S'mores for dessert! Playing with a frisbee and inflatable ball at the beach was a nice change of pace from hiking 10-12 hours a day.

Oh and I lost my trekking poles today. Leki Corklite Speedlocks - they were pretty sweet and really helped on the steep uphills. I left them inside a Shell gas station and returned 15-20 minutes later to retrieve them. Well, apparently some good Samaritan grabbed them shortly after I had left to find me and return them. That never happened.

Moreover, my air mattress has a leak and I have to reinflate it 3-4 times each night. Hopefully I'll get Big Agnes to send me a new one soon.

Couple ups, Couple downs.




No comments:

Post a Comment