Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 24 - Greasy Creek "Friendly"

June 8 - Deep Gap Camp to Greasy Creek Gap - 12.0 miles

After an unsuccessful hitch into Unicoi Samwise and I decided to head to Greasy Creek Friendly for our re-supply. Though we were a little disappointed that we were unable to pick up our mail drop, it actually turned out to be quite the experience.

The best illustrate my stay at "Greasy Creek Friendly" picture this: Samwise and I in 70s apparel (ours is in the wash). I'm in baby blue sweats, cut off just above the ankle, with a faded, multi-colored, women's button up shirt. We find ourselves sitting on her porch, Samwise in the typical wooden rocking chair, me in an old school desk, drinking a Samuel Adams, watching hundreds of fireflies off in the distance and listening to Forever Young by Rod Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment